DreamStation DSX500H11 CPAP - Refurbished
Connectivity options offer more monitoring choices than any leading CPAP brand with integrated Bluetooth® on every device, and offering optional Wi-Fi and cellular modems.* Performance Check simplifies in-home device evaluation and can help reduce the number of normally functioning devices that are returned for service. Daily Progress Feedback displays a simple trend of patients’ nightly use to help track progress on the path to adherence. DreamStation features • Mask type resistance control • Mask fit check • Oximetry capable • Encore patient management system with optional Adherence Profiler • DreamMapper patient self-management system compatibility Humidification • Fixed, adaptive, heated tube • Pre-heat humidifier option • Modular design with one-piece, dishwasher-safe water chamber
Bluetooth Connection to DreamMapper App
Ramp and SmartRamp
LCD On-Screen Display
Respironics Dry Box Design
Detailed ‘Setup Menu’ Options
Ramp and SmartRamp
The Ramp feature and SmartRamp feature are both designed to gradually adjust the user to CPAP therapy. Though the Ramp features are similar, there are a few differences between the two options.
Ramp is intended to gently increase CPAP pressure from half of the prescribed pressure to the full pressure within a chosen period of time. To operate the Ramp feature, a minimum CPAP pressure of 4cm H2O is required. Choose a time ranging from 5 minutes to 45 minutes to allow the machine to build the pressure in increments of 0.5cm H2O before reaching the prescribed pressure.
In CPAP mode, SmartRamp uses an Auto-CPAP algorithm, making adjustments to the decreased pressure based on a breath by breath basis. Once SmartRamp reaches the prescribed pressure, the device will begin operating as a CPAP machine at the prescribed pressure. Please Note: During SmartRamp, if the minimum pressure is not reached before Ramp is complete, the pressure will increase by 1cm H2O each minute following the conclusion of Ramp.
Detailed ‘Setup Menu’ Options
Scroll through the User Interface using the control dial. The “My Setup” section allows the user to enable a variety of features found on the DreamStation device.
Ramp: Choose the time in which the machine will gradually adjust the user to the prescribed pressure.
Flex: Select between 3 flex settings intended to decrease the pressure upon exhalation.
Humidification: Determine the humidity level by selecting a number from 0 to 5. Level 0 represents humidification that has been turned OFF, while Level 1 is the lowest form of humidity and Level 5 is the most significant level of humidity. Also, the DreamStation Humidifier can deliver different humidification modes: Fixed Humidification, Adaptive Humidification, and Heated Tube Humidification.
Tube Type: Specify the type of CPAP hose being used with the machine. The setting will correspond directly to the diameter of the hose, whether it is 22mm or 15mm. A separate setting can be selected by those using a 15mm Heated Tube.
Modem: Use the screen to control the modem. If the modem is switched to OFF, it will automatically turn ON again after 3 days.
Bluetooth: Enable the Bluetooth option to transmit sleep data from the machine to a personalized DreamMapper account.
Time: Use this option to change or update the display time in increments of 30 minutes from this screen. The default setting is Greenwich Mean Time.
- Dimensions – Machine Alone: 6.2 in L x 7.6 in W x 3.3 in H (15.7 cm L x 19.3 cm W x 8.4 cm H)
- Dimensions – Machine and OPTIONAL Humidifier (Excluding Air Outlet Port): 11.7 in L x 7.6 in W x 3.3 in H ( 29.7 cm L x 19.3 cm W x 8.4 cm H)
- Weight – Machine Alone: 1.56 lbs (0.71 kg)
- Weight – Machine and Power Supply: 2.94 lbs (1.33 kg)
- Weight – Machine and OPTIONAL Humidifier with Power Supply: 4.37 lbs (1.98 kg)
- Weight – OPTIONAL Humidifier Alone: 1.44 lbs (0.65kg)
- Pressure Range: 4 – 20 cm H2O
- Operating Temperature: 41 degree F to 95 degree F (5 degree C to 35 degree C)
- Storage Temperature: -4 degree F to 140 degree F (-20 degree C to 60 degree C)
- Relative Humidity (Operating & Storage): 15 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Atmospheric Pressure: 0 – 7500 ft (0 – 2286 m) (101 to 77 kPA)
- AC Power Consumption (with 80W Power Supply): 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0 – 1.0 A
- DC Power Consumption: 12 VDC, 6.67 A
- Material Components – Pollen Filter: 100% Polyester, 88% Efficient at 7 – 10 micron size
- Material Components – Ultra-Fine Filter: Blended Synthetic Fiber, 95% Efficient at 0.5 – 0.7 micron size
- Compatible CPAP Tube Diameter: 22mm Standard, 15mm Slim, 15H Heated Tube
- Operating Frequency Range: 2402 – 2480 MHz
- Maximum Output Power: 4.0 dBm
- Sound Pressure Level (DreamStation CPAP): 25.8 dB(A) with an uncertainty of 2 db(A)
- Sound Pressure Level (DreamStation CPAP and Humidifier): 27.9 dB(A) with an uncertainty of 2 db(A)
- Sound Power Level (DreamStation CPAP): 33.8 dB(A) with an uncertainty of 2 db(A)
- Sound Power Level (DreamStation CPAP and Humidifier): 35.9 dB(A) with an uncertainty of 2 db(A)
- Languages: English or Spanish
- All CPAP, AutoPAP, BiPAP devices come with a standard 2 year warranty. A 3 year extended warranty is available for a fee, please inquire with our staff on units acceptable for this extended warranty & pricing.
Fixed, adaptive, heated tube
Pre-heat humidifier option
Modular design with one-piece, dishwasher-safe water chamber
compatible only with the DreamStation Heated Humidifier.
Select one of the two modes: Fixed Humidification or Adaptive Humidification when operating the DreamStation Heated Humidifier.
Fixed Humidification: Select a number within the range of 0 to 5 to choose the humidity level. Level 0 represents a humidifier that has been turned OFF. Level 1 disperses the least amount of humidity, while Level 5 disperses the greatest amount of humidity. In Fixed mode, the humidifier will produce one level of humidity throughout therapy.
Adaptive Humidification: In Adaptive mode, the humidifier will monitor the environment to produce the lowest level of humidity needed to prevent condensation in the hose. Adaptive humidification can adjust as the temperature in the room changes.
Please Note: When a heated tube is added to therapy, the humidifier will automatically change to Heated Tube Humidification Mode. The temperature of the heated plate and heated hose can be changed, but the mode will remain locked in Heated Tube Humidification Mode while the hose is attached. Just as fixed humidification ranges from 0-5, the temperature of the heated tube can be adjusted by choosing a level from 0 to 5.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Have had high satisfaction. I already owned this exact model since November 2017 and have been pleased with the performance of the Dreamstation. I purchased this unit for my vacation home so I would not have to pack up the original for each visit. This unit purchased through Bemis has so far worked just like the new model. I was impressed wit the price as well as the full inclusion of the travel bag etc. Bemis was ere easy to work with during the purchase process. I would recommend them based on this experience.
Very professional and reliable service